Monday, August 04, 2008

Bananas for Coconut Records

Have you heard the new tunes by Coconut Records? I’ve been grooving to West Coast and Nighttiming lately and I had to get to the bottom of who this mystery band is. Well, turns out it’s not a band at all – it’s the solo project of actor Jason Schwartzman. You know, the guy from Rushmore and Darjeeling Limited? Cousin of Sophia Coppola and Nicholas Cage? Son of Adrian from Rocky? Brother of Robert Schwartzman from Rooney? (The family tree is astounding) . Anyway, I found out the Jason used to be the drummer for Phantom Planet. Phantom Planet sings the best TV theme song of all time, California from The O.C. I thought the song West Coast sounds O.C.-ready. Well, turns out the song was featured on The O.C., before the show was cancelled last year! Damn, I need a job as music supervisor of a TV show. And do you think the Coppolas will adopt me? What’s one more kid?

No comments: