Thursday, July 31, 2008

She Kissed a Gym Class Hero Before She Kissed a Girl

I am posting this today mostly because I am proud of myself. I just want to gloat about my power of observation. You know that song, the one that’s been stuck in your head for weeks and is about to get mucho annoying – I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry? Well, I realized where we’ve seen her before. Yes, some of you might know her from her cult song last year, Ur So Gay. But, you also know her from somewhere else – in the video for the song of last summer, Cupid’s Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes. She plays the third girlfriend of frontman Travis McCoy. I deduced this based on an article in this week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly where they mention the two are dating in real life. She has such a unique sense of style (Madonna meets Lily Allen) that it became quite obvious (and a quick search on the interwebs confirmed it, so I know I'm not the first one to have this realization, but I did arrive at this conclusion myself). I don’t know if she’s in the video because they are dating or they met during the video, but they are a funky little couple. And he doesn’t seem to mind when she kisses girls and likes it.

Compare for yourself below (if you don’t believe me):



No comments: