Tuesday, October 18, 2005

10 Reasons Why Lost Rocks



1. Polar Bears – c’mon, who doesn’t love a polar bear?
2. Crazy fans with crazy fan sites – check out
4815162342
3. Sawyer’s uncomfortable dialogue such as “Baby, I'm tied to a tree in the jungle of mystery, I've just been tortured by a damn spinal surgeon and a genuine Iraqi, of course I'm serious,” and all those stupid nicknames he gives to people – Freckles, Sticks, etc.
4. Cool music – Damien Rice and Mama Cass.
5. More freakin’ puzzles to solve than Myst and the Da Vinci Code combined. It’s quite an achievement when TV makes you feel stupid – only PBS has managed that so far.
6. That stupid drive shaft song “You Are Everybody..” Damn things been in my head for months now. Okay, maybe that’s a check in the negative column.
7. The whole epic philosophical debate of fate versus science, Jack versus Locke, black versus white, good versus evil, chocolate versus peanut butter, err, wait . . .
8. Literary references like a Wrinkle in Time, The Third Policeman, and Watership Down. Who needs to read now?
9. Those damn lottery numbers are burned into my brain! I think they might have bumped my phone number off the mental list in my head.
10. Hurley (‘nuf said, he just rocks).

No comments: