Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Cougars Cometh!

When I saw the sign the said “Cougars 4 Cook” during the American Idol finale, I knew something was going on. Now, look at the numbers for Sex in the City, co-starring Kim Cattrall as Samantha Jones, the O.G. cougar. Older women are embracing the new slang for a vivacious woman on the prowl for younger men. There’s even DateaCougar.com. Madonna is back, trying to save the world with young little Justin Timberlake. And Jennifer Anniston and John Mayer’s relationship is teetering on the edge of cougardom. I think there’s a very good reason for the recent feline explosion – cougars fall into the 40-60 age group. Guess who also falls into that age group? Baby boomers! There’s so damn many of them, they’re defining the way they are being perceived. Sure, it may be sexist, but the older chicks are definitely popularizing the next evolution of the MILF. This can only mean the Hormone Replacement Therapy and giant panties will be the next trends. I think I feel a hot flash coming on, and I mean HOT!

No comments: