Friday, June 13, 2008

Kathryn Heigl Withrdraws from Emmy Race

Kathryn Heigl has announced that she is withdrawing her name from Emmy nomination consideration this year because she feels she lacked the material on Grey’s Anatomy to qualify for such an honor. I hereby, in a move of solidarity, will withdraw my name as well. I really didn’t do anything on TV this year that would qualify me. Hell, while I’m at it, please withdraw any upcoming nominations for an Oscar, a Golden Globe, a Tony, a Nobel, a Pulitzer, and even a Razzie. I’m on the fence about the People’s Choice Award (it’s really the people’s decision, not mine). Oh, don’t forget about a Grammy, an AMA, a CMA (for my country fans), a Kid’s Choice Award, an MTV Popcorn thingy, and anything else you can possibly think of. But, this is for just this year only. I expect much juicier material in the upcoming year, based on what my agent, I mean my mom, is telling me.

Seriously, Heigl, you already won before. Could it possibly be that the Grey’s staff wanted to spread out a little this year and beef up the roles of underused talent, such as Chandra Wilson? No, not possible if the world revolves around you. Sheesh.

No comments: