Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Don't Just Sit There!

In my trip down memory lane the other day, I was reminded of my favorite show from 1988 – Don’t Just Sit There. It was on Nickelodeon in the evening (maybe around 6 or 7 pm) and was a mix of Letterman and sketch comedy. It was hosted by four teens, Matt Brown, Wendy Douglas, B.J. Schaffer, Alie Smith, and later Will Friedle (the most famous of the bunch, for dating J-Love and starring on Boy Meets World after this). I thought this show was the bomb and never missed an episode (until it was cancelled). They even had a house band, Out of Order, and had superstar musical guests, like New Kids on the Block. Ring any bells, people? If anyone has any more info about this show or has clips, please send ‘em along!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes this show was one of my favorites back in the day. I think Alie Smith was my first crush. The sketches were entertaining and occasionally they'd get some decent guests to come on. They shot at a studio in NY through 1989, but when Nickelodeon opened up its studios in Florida in 1990 I think they stopped shooting DJST altogether. I'm pretty sure it ran through 1990, but no new shows were made. Very short lived run, but definitely a classic Nick show. Wonder where any of those kids are today? With the exception of Wil Friedel, everyone else seemed to fade out of show-biz.

aquadeno said...

i am gonna be on the new dont ust sit there in october no lie my name is anthony deno theres not much about it yet though so your f not gonna find much on our new one