Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Feeling Viral

There are some viral videos I just do not get, such as this one:


I am convinced the lion is not greeting them, but looking for a way to eat them. Everyone keeps crying when they see it, but my cold cold sake heart just doesn’t get it. Other videos do touch me, however. Such as this one, of the Showbiz Pizza Characters singing Usher’s “Love in This Club.”


Not only is it a genius of inspiration, creativity, and technical skills, it also made me appreciate an otherwise crappy song. So, I was delighted to read this article yesterday explaining the origin of the video with way more back story and drama than you would think animatronics animals singing a hip-hop song should have. I won’t give it away, but read all the drama here. Makes me crave cardboard pizza, pitchers of warm Coke, and pits full of sticky, multi-colored balls. See, a lion in Africa – doesn’t strike a cord. Skeeball? Brings back memories. I guess it’s what’s personal to you. Which doesn’t explain my love for this video:


Or maybe it does . . .

No comments: