Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jack White is a Matador!

I need the producers of Dancing with the Stars to listen up! I have the perfect song for a Paso Doble for you: “Conquest” by The White Stripes. Originally by Patti Page (in 1952, also of “How Much Is That Doggie in the Window” fame), the Stripes recently included this song on their Icky Thump album. It sounds like a bullfight, with the dramatic horns and rally cry of Jack White. They even made a video for it, featuring Jack as a matador. Come, on people, how can you pass this up? As a side note, I really need The Guttes to make it to the Paso Doble round as he would be an adorable little matador, dontcha think?

On another note, wouldn’t Duffy’s “Mercy” be an awesome Rumba? Ok, I’ll shut up now. But if you ever need song suggestions, I’m here for you.

No comments: