Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kiki Sez: Smuttynose Ale


Starting today, I will be kicking off a new feature of STUFF I LIKE, called Kiki Sez. That’s right – from now on, when I like something. I will share it with YOU, as that’s the kind of girl I am. As many of you know who know me personally, ever since I returned from two weeks in Japan in 2005 (a life changing event I have chronicled here), I have had an obsession with All Things Japanese. These include the regular things, like sushi, incense, and the movie Lost in Translation. But, I also developed a special affinity for anything Cherry Blossom or Koi (carp) themed. I’m not a big beer drinker per se, but I do enjoy a fruity beer from time to time. So, I was quite pleased when I discovered Smuttynose Hanami Ale in the supermarket. This is a seasonal ale from my local Portsmouth, NH brewery, infused with cherry juice. The brewers claim the Cherry Blossom season in Japan (usually in April) has inspired this brew so that you may enjoy it with your friends at your Cherry Blossom viewing parties. I love this beer as it is not only yummy, but also kawaii with its adorable Cherry Blossom scene on the label. It’s springtime in a bottle, guarunteed to melt the snow in your cold cynical heart, as it did in mine. Enjoy!

No comments: