Thursday, March 20, 2008

Flashback to the 90’s: Jennifer Grant

It’s interesting that there’s so much interest in a new 90210 considering I’ve rediscovered the original myself. Not only have I been stalked by Emily Valentine, but I’ve also been caught up in the whole Brendan vs. Kelly and Dylan debacle. It was painful enough the first time. Now that I know how it all ends with Kelly and Dylan, I cant believe I ever liked Brenda and Dylan together (what do you think?)

Anyway, the other day, the Senior Prom episode was on, and I was reminded of the lovely Celeste, with the million dollar smile. Played by Jennifer Grant, daughter of Dyan Cannon and Cary Grant (dahling !), she was the love interest brought in for practically celibate Steve. Surprisingly, she only lasted eight episodes, though I had hoped for more (Hilary Swank lasted a whole 16, but that was by the time they had run out of plot and needed to stretch anyway). She was my favorite of all of Steve’s girlfriends after all (and my kindred spirit as our prom dresses were similar). Alas, she and Steve were not meant to be. She was meant to go on and do episodes of CSI. After a five year break, Jennifer seems to be acting again. I guess that means there’s hope for her to return to Beverly Hills as MILF Celeste Lundy.

Back to the new 90210, word has it there are two children with absent parents called Daphne and Max Silver! Wouldn’t that be awesome if Donna and David return to 90210? I don’t think the ages are correct, but that would be cool. I bet Daphne and Max could really mix it up with Maddie Sanders and Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez (the two know 90210 spawn). Auntie Erin Silver, being slightly older, could guide them in there way. Ahhhh, a girl can dream .

No comments: