Friday, March 21, 2008

Kiki Sez: Tokidoki

In honor of the impending arrival of the Easter Bunny (who’s leaving a bottle of cold sake in my basket, natch), here’s something I like:

Move over Johnny Cupcakes, there’s a new t-shirt in town. I recently discovered an Los Angeles (by way of Rome) company with a Japanese style called Toidoki . Now, I understand I am neither fifteen nor a sk8tr boi, but there’s something charming about the infectious cuteness with a hard edge. The creative force behind Tokidoki (which means “sometimes” in Japanese) is Simone Legno, originally from Italy. He loves everything about Japan (as do I) and decided to capture it in his line of clothing and accessories. He even has partnerships with Hello Kitty and Le Sportsac. It reminds me of Gwen Stefani’s Harajuku Lovers line a tad (which also has a Le Sportsac partnership) but I wouldn’t be as self-conscious wearing Simone’s stuff since it seems a little more legit. Okay, I still loves Mr. Cupcakes, but I think I need a Momo Bella T-shirt in my Easter Basket as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute im so in love with TokiDoki!