Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Your American Idol

Now that we have a female DWTS champ (Yay Guch!), it is time to turn our attention to the other big contest in the country (no, not Hilary vs. Barrack) American Idol. This is very important as the winner will be “crowned” tonight and go on to fame and fortune with a record contract, while the loser must clean the bathrooms at the Nokia Center, and er, probably get a record contract too. So, let’s recap. D-Cook was great as usual, adding emotional heft to U2’s "I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For", "Some Song We Never Heard Of", and Collective Soul’s "The World I Know". Simon was Mr. Poopy Pants and crapped all over he latter two performances, Randy told him he could sing the phone book, dawg, and Paula did her signature edition open-palmed clap and told him he was standing in his “truth” (ohhhh-kay). David “Mon Chi Chi” Archuletta belted out Elton John’s "Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me", "Another Song We’ve Never Heard Of", and John Lennon’s "Imagine". Randy told him he could sing the phone book, dawg, Paula gave him the open-palmed clap, and Simon proclaimed him the winner, all the while Archie tried not to projectile vomit on the stage (which would have been awesome, no?). He was probably afraid that his Danny Bonaduce look-alike dad would beat him after the show. I tried to vote for my boy D-Cook all night, but got a busy signal (and had a nightmare last night that I accidentally dialed for Archie), but I think Archie will win. I think a special award needs to go to D-Cook’s stylist as that boy used to look all Panic at the Disco! at the auditions. Either way, I predict success for both, and a few last Itunes downloads later today for me!

No comments: