Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sex in My City

Got your Manolos ready? Today is the day – Sex in the City premieres at a theater near you at 12:01am tonight (in case you were in a coma the past few weeks and missed the constant stream of appearances from SJP to Evan “Harry Goldenblatt” Handler). From what I’ve heard, it’s living up to the hype, more so than Indy. I want to see it as early as possible this weekend so that haters don’t taint me. As much as I tried to ignore any Indy press, seeing negative headlines were inevitable. I want to enter Carrie’s world with a clean slate and the hopeful nature of Charlotte. I already expressed my hopes and dreams for the characters, based on the preview and I really hope nothing gets irrecoverably broken. I liked where the TV show ended and this better be good. So, even though I don’t have the expectations of others’, I seem to have my own. It’s hard not to get attached to characters over the course of a decade and you start to think you own them, like little fashionable paper dolls. But alas, I’m not driving this cab (unless I want to partake in some uber-geeky SATC fan fiction – oh you know it exists) and I have to trust Michael Patrick King wouldn’t go through all of this effort just to let me down (and I will hunt you down if you do). So, pack a flask of cosmos, wear your most comfortable stilettos, and get ready to settle in. If you’ll excuse me, I’ve got 94 episodes to start watching . . .NOW!

No comments: