Thursday, February 07, 2008

80's Crushes: Chris Young

When I was 13, my wall was covered with the pages of Sixteen Magazine and BOP. Only a few young male celebs made it to my wall. One of them was the unlikely mug of Chris Young. You may remember him from TV’s erstwhile Max Headroom, as well as the Great Outdoors, starring John Candy and Dan Akroyd. I think the prom “saga” of Dance ‘Til Dawn is my absolute favorite Young-vehicle, but that has so much goodness, it deserves it’s own post, on another day.

ANYWAY, the other day, in my unemployed-ness, I was searching through 300 channels for something to watch and came across Book of Love, also starring Chris. It’s like a poor-man’s Stand By Me – 50’s coming of age sentimental comedy with a killer yet generic soundtrack and vignettes from teen-dom. It also features Keith Coogan (a favorite actor, alas, but not a pin-up), a pre-Melrose Place Josie Bissett, a pre-Headwig and the Angry Inch John Cameron Mitchell, and pre-Titanic Danny Nucci. The movie reminded me it’s time to virtually check-in on Chris and see how he’s doing. Unfortunately, there is an Arizona Diamondbacks player with the same name, as well as a country star, which made my search difficult. Fortunately, Chris owns the .com address, making my search none too difficult.

If you’re curios like I am, go to Chris’s site to see his latest resume, as well as some fun clips: http://www.chrisyoung.com/

He now bills himself as a actor, director, producer (the dreaded triple threat!) Needless to say, the brother is making a living (unlike some of us), so you ahead Chris!

1 comment:

Chris Young said...

Thanks for the kind words Kiki.

Best,

--cy