Thursday, February 21, 2008

Once:The Ultimate Vaccuuming Soundtrack

The other day, as I was vacuuming, I was humming songs from the Oscar nominated movie, Once. I then laughed as I realized the reason for my musical outburst. In the movie, Guy, the main character, sings a song called "Broken Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guy"as he is just that, a lonely vacuum repairman. I decided Once has become my new cleaning soundtrack. How motivational, pushing my Hoover around, singing about Hoovers? Well, maybe not. But, it is an excellent DVD for cleaning; there are so many songs. You can just turn it on and listen and not really worry about following the plot since it’s so simple. It’s like one long music video. Fingers-crossed that "Falling Slowly", another song from the soundtrack, wins Best Original Song on Sunday!

Oh, and here's a bizarre clip of Alvin of Alvin and the Chipmunks singing "Falling Slowly"!

No comments: