Friday, February 08, 2008

Grammy Snub: Josh Ritter

The Grammy Awards are Sunday! Even though The Winehouse won’t be there in person to perform, it should still be an interesting show, as a lot of my favorites, including Kanye West, The Winehouse, and Lily Allen are all nominated. Adam Levine may even shake his tush onstage if Maroon 5 wins Best Performance by a Group or Duo. But, there is one MAJOR oversite: Mr. Josh Ritter has been shut out. Now, if you know me, you know I am a little obsessed with Josh Ritter’s music. I discovered him last year as the opening act to Jamie Cullum and have never looked back. I highly encourage you to check Mr. Ritter out if you are not familiar. I suppose it’s because Josh’s music is unclassifiable as it’s folk/ indie/ rock/ bluegrass? There musn’t have a suitable category in the 110 Grammy categories. Oh well – it probably would have been an award that didn’t rate for the broadcast anyway. In the meantime, his new album, The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter, is fantastic. Alas, no Grammy for him, but maybe he’ll be at home, like me, feasting on turkey meatpies and potato chips, watching Kanye throw another tantrum. What, is that just me?

P.S. On the Grammy website, they have a link to their apparel site, Grammy Brand . Who the hell wants to dress like a grammy? Mine looks good for 80+, but I wouldn’t want to dress like her!

No comments: