Monday, February 11, 2008

Grammy Wrap-up

Before I put the Grammys behind me, but move onto Oscar, I have a few thoughts:

  • No one expected Herbie Hancock to win, any more than one expects the Spanish Inquisition (say it with me).
  • Completely shut out from the ceremony, but not a win was Maroon 5, Michael Buble, Common, Barack Obama (best spoken word), Spring Awakening (theater soundtrack), Mark Ronson (producer of the year). Any one of these winners would have made the night more interesting, instead of all of the old people.
  • Completely shut out from BOTH the ceremony and a win was Lily Allen, Once (soundtrack)
  • Completely not even freakin’ nominated: Josh Ritter, Josh Turner, Robin Thicke, Gwen Stefani, Paolo Nutini

    Thus my frustration with the Grammys, but I suppose it ain’t the American Music Awards, which is the bigger popularity contest. Oh well, let’s kick Oscar talk into high gear, people!

No comments: