Monday, February 25, 2008

Last Mention of Oscars, Honest to Blog

The Oscars are now over and today is the Boxing Day of the Oscar Christmas. After this brief wrap-up, I promise I won’t mention awards shows again until next year, or at least until the Emmys. Some brief thoughts:

  • No major surprises last night, except for Tilda Swinton winning Best Supporting Actress (in my opinion). Is that what you think is best, academy? Really? Really.
  • The festivities were shorter than in past years, which was nice to stay on the bedtime schedule, but kinda took the wind out of Oscar’s sails. Not sure if this was strike induced as they didn’t have enough time or budget to prepare, or they just wanted to simplify this year and cut some bloat.
  • Jon Stewart was good, but his opening was a little weak. He had some good in-between jokes, though.
  • I’m going out to buy me a red dress for my next awards show.
  • Okay, off to clean up the cheese rinds in the sink and rearrange my Netflix queue!

No comments: