Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oscar Countdown Begins!

Oscar Countdown 2008 has officially begun and I’m starting to panic – so many movies to see, so little time. For best picture, so I’ve far seen Juno (really liked it), Atonement (sorta liked it), but I still need to see Michael Clayton (comes out next Tuesday on Netflix), There Will Be Blood, and No Country for Old Men. There’s 2 weekends left until the Oscars – will I make it? For culture junkies like me, it’s like Christmas, and you can’t arrive at Christmas with the gifts unwrapped. At first, I thought Christmas would be cancelled, with the writers strike and all, but it looks like it’s going to be settled, thank God. Now I can start crossing my fingers for that live musical performance from Once, Ellen Page in a dress, and some sort of performance by Cirque du Stomp, choreographed by Debbie Allen. And of course, the Parade of the Dead (the inevitable montage of dead celebrities set to a moving score, tear). So, what are your hopes and dreams for Oscar 2008?

P.S. Like my widget? You can get yours too at Oscar.com

No comments: