Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reality Indecision 2008

My DVR wants me to make a difficult decision – choose between my reality children: The Biggest Loser, American Idol, and Big Brother. All three are on tonight, all three are on in the 9PM hour and my DVR can’t handle that much fun. So now, I must choose. Do I see what happens when the Big Losers go home to gorge on buffalo wings (mmm), see the top 12 males sing their little hearts out on Idol (considering I have yet to watch the show this season), or witness the latest in stupidity on BB? I think the Losers are the losers in this race – NBC is being greedy expecting two hours a week when nothing really happens. They could shorten the show to an hour, with all bickering in fast-forward and then have a quick little weigh in, as that’s what it’s all about. The season has gotten long-in-the-tooth, in my opinion and I’d rather jump on the Idol and BB bandwagons while they’re still hot and fresh. I shudder to think about the decisions I will need to make when Dancing with the Stars appears next month – I might need to bring the additional TV in for reinforcements. Sigh, I thought Hilary v. Obama was tough. Who knew the writers’ strike was going to have these unfortunate side-effects. I guess I should count my blessings that The Amazing Race is taking a break.

No comments: