Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Big Brother Is in Love

The new season of Big Brother premiered last night and I have the same love/hate relationship I’ve had for the last 8 seasons. I love the Chen-Bot (as she was hitting her marks last night, you could hear the gears shifting), and I always love the twist. This season, they have coupled up all of the people, who are all mostly single, like a big Match.com experiment. They play as a team, sleep in the same bed, and get eliminated together. I’m sure Big Brother is hoping for shenanigans. Last night, they already had the girls straddling the guys while being suspended over a bed – pretty racy for 9PM, in my opinion.

What I always hate about the show are the people. Gawd, this season, they are trying so hard. You’ve got a bikini-wearing barista, girls with names like “Chelsia,” and a general assortment of beautiful, dumb people. They’ve also cast the annoying in Sheila , a 45-year old busted Penthouse Pet, who did nothing but whine about how ugly her partner was, to his face, from the word go. Ughh. Here’s hoping they can keep it interesting and keep the contestants away from Narcissus-like trances in the mirror.

Another episode is on tonight. Will Big Brother break up the one pre-existing secret couple? Or will they reunite the broken-up couple? If anything, I think the night-vision cam is getting a work-out this season!

No comments: