Friday, April 04, 2008

Hollywood Comes to Burlington, MA

It’s Christmas at The Burlington Mall! Yesterday, my mom and I made a trip to the Burlington Mall to do a little spring shopping. And what to our wondering eyes should appear, but a Santa’s Village and wreaths galore! A sign explained that we were on the set of “Untitled Kevin James Comedy.” My sake-senses are tingling and telling me that perhaps this is movie about Christmas. In a mall. Oh, and an empty storefront was transformed to Garden State Savings Bank, so my guess is it’s set in New Jersey. My detective skills are getting so good. Anyway, as confused children looked around for an erstwhile Santa, hordes of bored shoppers crowded Williams & Sonoma for a glimpse of the King of Queens, camera phones held high. It’s funny how a movie set can transform anyone into a superfan. A woman leaned over to my mother and gushed “I hope I see Kevin James. I love King of Queens and watch it every night.” “Oh, me too,” said my mother enthusiastically, while I looked on, unsure my mother even knew what that show was. A little brush with fame and it goes right to her head. Sheesh. On that note, I’m currently on Craig’s List seeing if they need any extra PAs.

No comments: